Thursday, 29 March 2012

We're doing Global Gathering again!...

Global Gathering ...

2 days of pure carnage descends on Long Marston Airfield in Stratford every year. And we've been for the past 3 years! To say we have a love affair with Global would be an understatement. It's been a staple in our relationship since day one. And we love it!

Global Gathering draws 50,000 revelers from far and wide every year to see some epic dance artists such as Chase and Status, Armin van Buuren, Nero, Sub Focus, Gareth Emery, Annie Mac and loads more.

It was a tough decision to go this year. I had initially ruled out going to any festivals because of the amount we are trying to save each month. Standard tickets cost over £100 each and beers when your there are £4 so I normally budget £500 for the weekend. Think about how long that could keep us on the road for!

The line-up for this years Global Gathering was released on Thursday. As soon as the line-up video was out I received a barrage of texts. One in particular from Kerry who was desperate to go "one last time!". So I gave in. Check out why we go in this unnecessarily long video




£175 quid (per person) later and we are all booked up. And with VIP tickets this time! That means a more secure campsite and something which resembles a shower. Which after last year, both will be very much appreciated. We figured we are going 'one last time' so why not go out with a bang.

Even though it will cost a lot its always an epic weekend. The people are who really make it. And this year it seems there are loads of people going! Even my mate from the army has murmured that he's interested, so fingers crossed I can rave the night away with some decent pals.

Who else is a Festival Fiend? And whats your poison of choice? Heavy Metal? Dance? Folk? Buzz us over a comment below

1 comment:

  1. I've never camped at a festival. I am really not a camping person, as I'm sure Kerry will vouch for me! I would prefer to go to a festival during the day, and then stay at a local B&B nearby come evening! But that's just me! I have been to a day festival once - it was in Kent and my friend Flo and I saw Mark Ronson who was the headliner. I would definitely like to go somewhere like V Festival as I always like the line-up - my poison is shamelessly pure POP! :-D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete